Saturday, December 17, 2011

The effect of the PED scandal on the value of Ryan Braun’s Topps and Bowman autographed cards

I decided to look at the value of Ryan Braun’s autographs a week prior to the news report that he allegedly  took PED’s and the value of his autograph cards a week after the news report. I looked at sales of all Topps and Bowman Autographed Cards on Ebay for both weeks.

The week before the report of PEDs, there were 64 sales for an average price of $90.55.

The week after the report of PEDs, there were 31 sales for an average price of $80.02.

The average price of his Topps and Bowman autograph cards fell 12%, The number of sales fell by 51% and the volume of sales (64 x 90.55 = 5795.20 vs. 31 x 80.02 =  2480.62) fell by 57%.

While the average price did not go down by much there were a lot less cards (Topps and Bowman autos) sold.

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to add a Braun autograph to my PC... so I'm hoping they drop sooner, than later.

    ReplyDelete