Thursday, May 3, 2012

What is the name of the word for discovering a great song that came out 17 years ago for the first time.

In the fall of 2011, FX in their previews for Rescue Me season premiere  began playing a song that I never heard of before, I went on you tube and found it - it was Pearl Jam's Elderly woman at the counter. I believe this song came out in the 1990s. Then for previews for the premiere of Anarchy on  FX they began playing a Red Hot Chili Peppers song I never heard of called Doni California (I think). Both of these are great songs. It is just hard to believe that they came out years ago. I never heard of them before.

In the last couple of weeks I found 2 other songs on you tube that I don't believe that I ever heard but they are just awesome. (the songs are even better when you can read the lyrics.)

They are is "found out about you " by the Gin Blossoms and "Desperately Wanting" by Better than Ezra. But what really shocks me is that these songs came out in the mid 1990s. I am in shock, how did I miss them, what was I doing. In fact, I am a little sad because I sort of missed their heyday (by an awful long time). In particular,  The Gin Blossoms seemed to have a bunch of great songs that I just missed.

There are a lot of performances on Leno and Letterman and the Hard Rock Cafe (VH 1?) on you tube of these type of songs that make me feel nostalgic for a time that I lived in but completely missed.

2 comments:

  1. Wow... haven't heard "Found Out About You" since the 90's. Reminds me of my college years.

    On the other hand... I have several Pearl Jam songs on my iTunes playlists. In fact, I'm sure I've listened to Nothingman over 500 times in my life. One of my top 50 songs of all-time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Chili Pepper song it titled Dani California. Great song and cool music video.

    ReplyDelete