Friday, March 8, 2024

Topps is going to Short Print the first 100 cards of 2024 Heritage - Are you kidding me.

 What a way to ruin a good thing,

The second most anticipated Heritage set of my lifetime (Behind 2021 - 1972 design), Topps finds a way to ruin it.

I knew they were going to SP even though there were none in 1975, but I assumed it would be 401-500.

No, it comes at the front of the set 1-100. I think they are looking to sell more cases because they assume more people then chase the SPs - they may be right because the 1975 seems to the most beloved set until going back to the early 1960s or 1950s.

It can be worse - if they can short print most the the stars such as Trout, Harper, Ohtani, Soto, Acuna 

and it could of been even worse where the SP scatter shot throughout the set of 1-500 (which I think they were doing 10 years ago)

What a way to ruin a good thing,

Updated: Also No Minis




 


1 comment:

  1. I suppose the numbers don't really matter...but it just creates a huge headache for collectors and dealers as it will be harder to remember which cards are short prints in which years. For what benefit?

    ReplyDelete