Friday, March 18, 2011

Bruce Yeko Memories

Over at I am Joe the Collector, there was an article about Bruce Yeko. I can thank Bruce for helping me get a  part of my collection from the early 1970s. I remember buying sets from him in the middle 1980s, when I was in college. I  remember buying the 1973-74 Topps Hockey Set, 1974-75 Topps Basketball Set, 1974-75 Topps Hockey Sets (I think). I know I bought the 1974-75 set from him because on how he packaged the cards.

While Bruce sold the sets very cheaply, I think I paid 12.95 or 14.95 for them, he packaged them cheaply.  I did not really mind but my 1974-75 card number 1 Kareem Abdul Jabbar was kind of damaged. Bruce would rubber bands the cards together usually in sets of 66 cards and send them in brown/beige paper wrappers. All the cards came mint condition and the only cards that had any effect of rubber bands were the first and 66th card in the rubber band set. The Jabbar card was the only card I could recall that took a pounding in the shipping process. However, for the price, I loved the cards and I loved Bruce Yeko for keeping them and selling them to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment