Sunday, May 22, 2011

One of my favorite logos

One thing about sports and sports cards that invoke a passion in people are the team logos. I love cards that have the logo placed on them. One of the best sets ever to utilize a logo was the 1971-72 Topps Hockey Set. This is one of the first sets that I can recall from my child hood. There was something about the North Stars logos that invokes that inner child in me bringing back fond full childhood memories.  I think it was the use of the green and yellow color that caught my eye (green and yellow also works were with the Packers and I did like those purple and yellow uniforms that the Lakers had in the early 1970s).

After Minnesota moved to Dallas, they made a variation on the logo but for some reason it does not do it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment