Friday, May 20, 2011

Bob Bonner #610 (1st baseball card ever to mention Hepatitis).

The other great Oriole rookie card in the 1982 Donruss Baseball Set. Remove a n from his last name and he would have a funny sounding last name. He kind of has that scraggy dirty 1970s look about him (aka Adam Morrison). It is also interesting to try to figure out what exactly is he wearing on this card. I guess it is a rain coat warm up jacket.

Back Facts: Hit only .229 in minors last year, but may have been still feeling after-effects of a bout with hepatitis in spring training.

Yes as the title states I believe this is the first (only? no I don't think so) baseball card ever to mention the word Hepatits on the back of it. Of course I could be wrong.

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering the same thing when I looked at the card. Is he wearing a Michael Jackson zipper jacket? Leather, latex, or some sort of Orioles training rubber suit? Your probably right it's just a rain coat, but oh so shiny. And no scan of the back, damn now I have to find this card and see for myself. I wonder if it's the good Hepatitis or the bad hepatitiis, is there a good hepatitis?

    ReplyDelete