Friday, December 3, 2010

The Decision

Larry Bird did not win any championships after his seventh season. Magic Johnson won his last championship in his ninth season. It remains to be seen how many championships that Lebron James will win, he is now in his 8th NBA season He may want to take a queue from  Michael Jordan. Jordan won championships in his seventh, eighth and ninth seasons. He missed a year,  played a partial tenth season, then won championships in his eleventh, twelfth, and thirteen seasons.      

I always liked this 1990-91 Fleer basketball card. I always wonder if the photo was intended to include Magic or that it was by accident. When I first saw the card it did not occur to me that was Magic defending Bird.

1 comment:

  1. I like the early Fleer cards too!!! The '90 Fleer cards are great and I really like the multi-colored border. I'm sure the included Magic was on purpose.

    ReplyDelete