Monday, February 7, 2011

Keith Hernandez #278

An old fashion posed spring training shot of Keith for his Donruss card in the year the Cards would win the World Series. The grass at this spring training stadium really looks dry and brown. I remember Keith was considered a Super Prospect but his stats and performance was disappointing up to 1979. But in 1979, he had his breakout year at age 26 and shared the MVP with Willie Stargell. I think Keith is a borderline Hall of Famer and if I had to make a decision I would put him in. Between 1977 and 1986, Keith was the Best First Baseman in the National League. If you were the Best at your position for 10 years, you should be in the Hall of Fame.

Back facts: in 80' led league in runs scored and on-base percentage (.408).

1 comment:

  1. I liked Hernandez, but to me, he belongs in the Hall of the very good for a long time.
    Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete