Sunday, July 1, 2012

BATMAN vs. BAIN

The Dark Knight Rises. The Dark Knight Avenger vs. Bain. What is the true evil that is behind BAIN. Is the DARK KNIGHT a lawless criminal who wants you to live in fear and control your life. Is it about Power and Money and Money and Power. Is BAIN only concerned about coming in and raping your resources for his own profit. Does the DARK KNIGHT want to remove all criminals and guns from the street so he is the only power.   The root of this conspiracy took place in late 1992 with the Comic Series Knightfall.

I began collecting comic books in early 1993, just as the KnightFall series was ending. After the sports card market went out of control, I turned to comic books which was also about to hit a point of over production and saturation.  I collected comic books by the dozens in 1993 and 1994, buying a lot of them for about 25 cents. What big events in the comic book world were happening at that time. The Death of Superman, The 4 Supermen, The Death of Aunt May, The Smart Hulk.

I collected comic books more sparingly between 1995 and 1997, and bought my last one in early 1998. It was a fun thing to collect. I thought the Batman comics were great and the Peter David Hulk series fantastic. I would eventually read the Sandman series in 2001 and 2002 with the help of my local library.

What I noticed about comic books from the early 1990s to the later 1990s was there were less words in each issue. I am assuming that has stayed the course through today.

The funny thing, I always thought that the Smart Hulk and BAIN could have been played by Arnold Schwarzenegger in a movie. In fact when I heard Arnold was going to be in a Batman movie, I thought he was (hoping) going to be BAIN. When I read the Peter David Smart Hulk books, I always imagined he was really Arnold in green makeup.

Who would have known that the RISE of BAIN in 1992, would play an enormous role 20 years later (in the DARK KNIGHT) in more ways than one.

No comments:

Post a Comment